Sunday, January 24, 2010

She Left Me Alone!


Friday morning Pam went to the airport and flew home to surprise one of our friends on her 50th birthday. This friend has now entered the older than dirt category! The surprise was executed perfectly with a little help from our friends, thank you very much!

Thought I'd include this picture of the aged one taken last summer at some risk of bodily harm to myself. I'm sure if Pam were here the photo wouldn't have made the editors cut but that's what happens when I'm left alone! Happy Birthday Lisa!
While Pam's away I've been getting some maintenance items taken care of on Tourist like changing oil and filters as well as all fuel filters and getting the packing nut tightened on one of the rudder posts. Don't worry though, I've scheduled my time each day to allow participation in Docktails although the turnout has been a bit sparse so far. As for the weather lets' just say I've been in shorts since we arrived here! One other note of personal interest. Thank God for microwaveable meals!
Here are some totals for the second leg from Columbus to Ft. Myers;
955.4 miles, 1024.2 gallons of fuel, 80 hours engine time, 123 hours generator time, .93 mpg.
Overall totals from East Dubuque are;
1935.1 miles, 1826.2 gallons of fuel, 1.06 mpg, 169 engine hours, and 164 generator hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment