Monday, February 14, 2011

Under Repair

Here we sit at Legacy Harbour waiting on repairs to be made to our generator. The new exhaust pipe is on back order along with another minor part I want replaced while everything is accessible. Being the patient individual that I am I decided to scrap plans for the new pipe and get the original pipe patched and welded. Something the local welder said could be done.

While we've been laid up I've discovered 2 other 48 Sea Rays with the 13.5 kw Onan generator that have had the same problem. Hmmm!

Meanwhile Pam is loving being at the dock. We're doing "docktails" in the evenings, going for walks, hitting the Farmers Market on Thursdays, going to movies, out to dinner, and visiting with my parents when they come up from Bonita Springs. As for me...well. I have that wanderlust that has to be moving. I enjoy all the things we've been doing while in port but it's time to get out and explore! Maybe this week.

Yesterday February 13th was my son Ryan's birthday.
Happy Birthday Bink! Is that Coke in your right hand?

Temps have been in  the mid 70's during the day and anywhere from 45 to 60 at night. Not bad considering the past week back home.

OK. Pam's up now so writing gets a bit more difficult. Something about me not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time. I'll leave you with this picture of one of our sunsets. Enjoy!

Sunset over the Caloosahatchie.

No comments:

Post a Comment