Saturday, February 25, 2012

Busy Doing Nothing

I just realized the other day that since we arrived here in Ft. Myers back in November we've only ventured away from the dock three times! For some reason whenever we think about going out for a few days one of us has some half baked reason for not being able to, like getting our nails done or a hair appointment, etc.

Our latest reason is Pam's quest for footwear. If you know Pam you know that she would rather be in heels than in deck shoes or flip flops. Thanks to an e-mail from the Captain the other day we think there may be a shoe that could satisfy both desires with a little modification.
Pam's new heels.

Although better suited for in water activities we think that with a few changes they would make the perfect deck shoe for females and cross dressers.

I can't throw all the blame for staying in port in Pam's direction. I wasted a perfectly good cruising day by staying put so I could paint a section of the anchor chain that had worn off from repeated usage. Our markings are every 50' so we know how much we've let out.

I raided the dumpster to find something to lay the chain on so I didn't paint the dock.
Of course while I'm taking care of these little projects I've found my Princess sneaking off to the pool to catch some rays.
Pam says it's hard to read with my incessant talking!

Of course Docktails continue on a nightly basis highlighted last weekend by fireworks from the Edison Festival of Light celebration.

Edison Festival of Lights fireworks.

Occasionally we venture downtown for dinner at Ichiban or the Twisted Vine. Wherever we go we always seem to end up at the Cigar Bar for after dinner drinks. It's nice to have a place to enjoy a cocktail and a cigar without being looked at like you're a criminal!

Celebrating Valentine's Day with Rick & Sarah of M/V Private Affair. Okay. Maybe we look a bit happy!
All in all we're very fortunate to be this busy doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment