Sunday, February 10, 2013

What Happened to January?

OK. So I've been a bit lax in keeping the blog up to date. Blame Pam. She's had me working like a dog. Almost to the point of exhaustion! (Just kidding Honey!)
Let me try and get back up to speed with some of the things that have taken place since the first of the year.

Celebrated my Mom's birthday at Carrabba's.

Had lunch with Jim & Chris Kreutner from back home.

Drove to Glades Boatyard to watch Donnie & Marilyn work on Kasey's Choice.

Had to wait for the cows to clear out before we could leave Glade's. It's in the Boondock's!

Spent a couple days at the United Motorcoach Association Expo in Orlando. It was fun to re-connect with some of my old cronies from my bus days.

Spent a couple of nights at Ft. Myers Beach in the mooring field.

Got towed back to Tourist when the dinghy motor quit running. Arrrgh! Thanks Donnie!

After returning to Legacy my Mom got sick and they returned to Illinois. (She's ok.) This turn of events left us with two cars in Florida. Since I was planning on driving them home at the end of the month and flying back I kept the return flight and took one car back to Illinois. In honor of my arrival back home the temp was 0 and it snowed! Yuck!!!

While I was home I spent one night in my own bed and attended a joint birthday party for Pam's Dad, Frank & Niece, Michelle at Bill & Barb's (Pam's sister) house.


While I was transiting back to Illinois, Pam went for an overnight boat ride to Marco Island with Rick & Sarah on Private Affair and spotted these dolphins playing beside the boat.

I left on Thursday and by late Sunday morning I was back in Ft. Myers. Time to get back in shorts and flip flops!
I got back in time to catch Mark & Michelle from Galena who had been staying at the Legacy Motel while on their road trip. Last year they were here on their boat while doing the Loop. Unfortunately no picture was taken as I literally caught them going out the door!

We left Monday afternoon for Key West and caught this beautiful sky over the Gulf while heading to our overnight @ Marco Island.

 We spent the night anchored in Smokehouse Bay before leaving at the butt-crack of dawn on Tuesday.

We were passed by the ferry that runs from Marco to Key West.

This small boat was anchored as we came into Key West. Yes that's a helicopter on the rear deck!

The cruise ships were in town.

We arrived at A & B marina and after fueling we were put into a slip beside M/V Big Time. Our little boat was dwarfed by this 100 footer.

We spent three nights in Key West. I'll post more about our experience once I filter out the incriminating pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Great update and pictures. Keep the lights on in Florida, we may head that way soon, or not.

    ReplyDelete