Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Dalamar

Last week possibly the smallest Looper boat I've seen came into Legacy for a few days stay. The boat name is Dalamar captained by Buzz Gentes from Champaign, Illinois. Buzz left East Peoria, Illinois back in October and followed the same river system and route that we travel on Tourist. The big difference is that Tourist is 48' long and 15'3" wide. Dalamar is only 15' long. 3" shorter than we are wide! To say his accomodations are sparse is an understatement. Dalamar is powered by 2 Honda air cooled outboards coming in at 2 hp each! Our dinghy has a 25 hp motor and is only 11'5" long. Buzz does have a cabin to sleep in and get out of the weather but has to pilot the boat from out in the open. You can follow his adventure at http://www.thedalamar.com/ . He jokingly (I think) told me that his chidren made him agree to get counseling when he gets done with his trip!
In other news we have been staying in the slip here at Legacy. The weather has been sporadic enough to not allow two consistent days of good weather so that we could enjoy some of the places we found last year. Oh well. More time for the fitness room. Or so I thought. Shortly after taking the picture of Pam posted above I threw my back out while getting dressed. I now have a list to the starboard side when I stand up! Guess we'll have to get a sail boat so I look like I'm standing straight. A visit to a local chiropracter, ice, and ibuprofen are making life bearable until I get through this.

2 comments: