Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas from the frozen North

Those of you who read this blog know that we have wintered on Tourist at Legacy Harbour Marina in Ft. Myers for the past few years. It's a great place to be in winter but I'm not sure the warm sunset photos or the views over the boats towards the river that they post on Facebook give a true image of Christmas. Don't get me wrong. I longingly look at each and every one of them wishing we were there. However...
As an alternative I thought I'd post a few pictures taken around our house showing what Christmas time should look like and what our friends in Florida are missing!

 Looking out our front door.

Our driveway.

Our house after the first snowfall.

Me clearing the driveway so Pam can go Christmas shopping!

No ice required!

Walks are cleared. Bring on Christmas!

Actually I enjoy all the Facebook postings and can't wait to be there! While our snow isn't much compared to other places across the country, our temps have been very cold for this time of year. As I write this it's minus 15 outside. Brrr! Florida is getting closer every day!

Pam and I wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and CALM SEAS in the new year!

One more thing...
Christmas always brings out the candles. This is one of my new favorites. Supposedly it smells like a White Castle burger and can be ordered from the White Castle website. The proceeds go to help fight Autism.


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas you two. Hope you get south soon. Looking forward to seeing you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you also! Warm weather for us is just a short time away. Hope we cross paths.

    ReplyDelete