Sunday, March 15, 2009

3/12 thru 3/14/09
















Thursday 3/12/09 Haircut day! So far neither Pam or I have been very happy with our hair stylists here in Florida. (Cindy I miss you!!!) Our latest adventure resulted in me with a spike style and Pam with traces of red through her hair. I thought she should just take it all the way to pink but that was another great idea shot down!





We also got to spend some time with Floyd & Linda from Tumbleweed and took part for the first time in the Thursday night pot luck at the marina. Normally we are not big on pot lucks. Probably due to bad memories of cub scout pot lucks when the kids were small. This one was actually good and we all got to know a little more about one another and our cruising plans.





Friday 3/13/09 Helped Tumbleweed get ready for departure. I watched and Floyd worked! My job was interrupted before they left however by the people from the boat massage company. Yep! It was spa day for Tourist. Hull cleaned and waxed as well as the hardtop. Two areas of the boat that I just don't like doing myself. She really shines now!





Said good bye to Floyd & Linda as they continue their loop adventure with hopes to meet up again in the fall. As noon approached we got a surprise visit from my Mom & Dad. They were in the area (within 20 miles) and decided to stop in and take us to lunch. An offer we couldn't refuse! I think my dad has stock in Joe's Crab Shack next door!





Saturday 3/14/09 Another beautiful day here in Ft. Myers. Sunny sky and temps in the 80's. We decided to drop the dink in the water and go for a ride. It started out calm and stayed that way for most of the trip until we turned to head back. Needless to say the sea breeze kicked in and put a nice 2' to 3' chop on the Caloosahatchie. You guessed it. Pam went back under the beach towel for the return trip. She still got wet and even admitted that it was fun! Along the way we saw some interesting boats. The Sir Winston has a pontoon boat hanging on the stern for a life raft.





No comments:

Post a Comment