Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More Scenes Around Lunenburg

My favorite perch while visiting was in the front window looking out over the harbor. Sometimes however I had to share my vantage point with Chloe. While I was watching the boats coming and going, Chloe was keeping an eye on the squirrels and birds that would sneak into her yard.
Chloe keeping vigil.

While travelling around town we went past one of the oldest Anglican churches in North America.
Lunenburg Anglican church built in 1753.

We also drove past the Lunenburg Academy where Donnie went to school and which is still in use today. We drove past since it sits atop the highest hill in town and I'm too lazy to walk that far just for a picture!
Lunenburg Academy built between 1894 & 1895.
We did walk past this old French cemetery. Fortunately no one rose up to greet us.

One of the last nights we spent in Lunenburg Marilyn made scallops on the half shell. Words can not describe how good these little morsels were! I'm still drooling just remembering them.


Upper photo; Chef Marilyn serving the goodies.
Bottom Photo; Scallops on the half shell before being devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment